About Mr. Randolph Howell

Meet Randolph Howell 

 

    Randolph Howell was born in Maury County and went to school at College Hill High School.   In 1939, he graduated from what is now Tennessee State University.  He began teaching in Maury County in 1941.  In 1942 he volunteered for service in World War II.  He returned to teaching in Maury County in 1948 and taught until 1979. 
    During his service to Maury County, Mr. Howell and a group of veterans and trade students built Carver Smith School.  This saved the county more than half the cost of construction! 
    He was a member of the Maury County Board of Education, St. Catherine Church Board of Directors, United Giver's Fund Board of Directors, Columbia State Community College Foundation Board, Maury Regional Hospital Board of Trustees, and First Farmers and Merchants National Bank's Advisory Board of Directors.
        Mr. Howell died in 1984.  His widow, Camille Evans Howell, officiated the grand opening ceremony of RHES in 1999.  Mrs. Howell taught in Maury County for forty years and retired with Mr. Howell in 1979.  She was very active at RHES as long as her health allowed.  We were saddened to hear of her passing in December of 2014.